Sunday, October 30, 2011

Pumpkin Fun 2011


Well, here is my first update in over a year and a half, so I hope you enjoy it. A few weeks ago I had a birthday and couldn't think of what my parents could get me, but I finally decided on getting a Dremel. Yes, I know what you are thinking, why in the world would I get a Dremel for my birthday? Well, one simple answer - pumpkins!

I have been carving pumpkins for the past few years using a little set of wood chisels and (with some encouragement from Bart, my brother-in-law) decided to try out a Dremel. I think it has changed my pumpkin carving world!

The Dremel has already been a great investment and I have been testing it out on a number of different pumpkins. Here are some pics:


Rick, Candice, Bentley and Payton

These ones for the Hansen family (Bart's sister and brother-in-law) were the first ones I did. Can you tell that Rick's was the very first one? Yeah, wouldn't have guessed...




Here are the next ones I did, Curious George for Owen's 2nd birthday and an "e" for Ginna and Bart's little new addition Emme.



I then decided to do one for my good friend, Krystin, who I used to work with at Utah State. She is from Montana and loves the Griz, so I decided to try my hand in the sports world ...


Lastly, Bart, Bret (his dad) and I did some for ATK, where Bret works. I think they both turned out pretty well.

Well I had quite a fun time practicing on many different pumpkins and am slowly learning the tricks of the trade. Thanks Papa Craig and DoJo for the Dremel and my wonderful wife, Whitney for all of her love and support! Also, want to give a S/O to Papa Craig for his birthday!

1 comment:

Candice said...

We LOVE them every year!!!